Thursday, December 09, 2004

Santa baby...

So I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. And the swingiest of things at the moment is, of course, Christmas gift knitting. As a rule, I don't do a lot of gift knitting at Christmas time. Why? I think it's the whole knitting to a deadline thing, it just doesn't work for me. However, this year I was pretty organised and got a scarf done for my mother in early November - another version of Cloud, but in Touch Yarns mohair boucle - yummm.

Then I thought I'd better do something for my father as well, so I've started a scarf for him too. I dug out some Rowan Magpie Tweed that I was given a couple of years ago and am doing a simple, quite slim scarf, in a sort of mistake rib. It feels good to be knitting with a fairly heavy weight yarn again. Sadly, this has yarn was discontinued a while ago now. It's a shame, as it's one of those yarns that really lets the quality of the wool shine through.

So I had thought I would leave it at that, but then Polly blogged about a great idea for little gifts (see the entry on December 3rd ). Once I saw that, I thought these would be great for Sam and Josie's teachers. I have lots of oddments of DK Cotton knocking around in various colours. I think I might buy some bath bombs from Lush rather than soap, just to make it a little different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ave Maria,

How well I remember Rowan Magpie... I made a humungous jacket out of it once and had to throw it out (after removing the hideously expensive Rowan buttons first) when I found that moths had picnicked in it. I was put out to discover Magpie had been discontinued. But good for you for doing festive knitting. Santa will surely be filling your stocking.

So, what a lovely evening was last night! Thanks for extending the knitterly hospitality to stranger-moi. I'm really looking forwards to coming along in January and seeing what everyone is making. (I'm so terribly nosey.)

So... I'll see you on the 11th... altho' I'll be watching this page between now and then, of course.

Best wishes,
Fi