Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Not much

knitting over the last few days.

Saturday was my Not-Hen-Party. Wedding is now less than 2 weeks away!

The actual meal was fairly sedate, but I managed to stay up very late with my sisters afterwards - putting the world to rights, as you do.

Consequently, on Sunday, I felt - let's just say, delicate. Luckily Toby looked after the children all day. I did get up for lunch, but then retired to bed to watch Pollyanna. Toby, meanwhile, had rented the children some totally unsuitable DVD. But heh, it was my Not-Hen-Party. I will return the favour for him next weekend when it's his Not-Stag-Night. My sister did make guacamole with them, so they had some sort of constructive activity for the day.

I managed to rise from bed Sunday night and finish Josie's 2nd sock and cast on the first of a pair for Sam. I finished the first one Monday evening and am about halfway through the second one. Once that's done, it's on to one of the sock patterns in Lucy Neatby's book for Toby - I fancy trying a short row heel.

Hourglass Sweater has stalled. I think I secretly am wishing for 4.5mm dpns for the sleeves, as I'm not convinced about the Magic Loop method. I am off to Liberty on Thursday night, if I'm not wedding dress shopping (did I mention I don't have anything to wear for my own wedding?), so will try and pick up some there. I also have a strangely bowed 2.5mm dpn - I didn't know bamboos could do that, so will have to get some replacements for them too, if I'm not wedding dress shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, I'm not really being anonymous, I just don't have a username with blogspot. I'm Fi (one of the many Fionas) from UKhandknitter list.. and now the Clapham one too, tho' I'm in Dulwich. I've got an eight year old as well btw... I like Toby's spelling homework. It looks like the letter my daughter wrote to Father Christmas. 'My mum is really grumpy all the time.' I thought that was rather unfair.

I like your page. What is the hourglass sweater? Does it give the wearer an hourglass figure or does it require one?

Best wishes,
Fi

PurlyQueen said...

Hi! Congratulations on your blog! It's nice to see more British knitters taking up the habit!

Best of luck for your wedding! I was in your shoes a couple of years ago, and my wedding day was the most special day of my life! Don't forget to eat some breakfast - it may be the only time you get to eat all day because you want to talk to everyone at the wedding and everyone wants to talk to you!

Have a wonderful day!

Ronke
www.sisterknitter.blogspot.com