Monday, November 08, 2004

Scary...

So I thought I'd dip my toe into the world of blogging. Things didn't start off too well - the first two blogs I tried to set up have locked somewhere in the process, so here's hoping this one goes better. I certainly hope so, as I don't think I can come up with any more names for the thing! The house is, not so much a wool palace, as a wool shack, in need of some serious redecoration (and stash reduction), but that doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
No pictures today, as I don't think I can even start to handle that, but current WIPs are the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, which I'm knitting in Rowan Felted Tweed which I've had sitting in my stash for the last 2 years, just waiting for the right project. It's the first sweater I've knitted in the round, so I'll be interested to see how it goes. I'm using my new rosewood circulars from Scottish Fibres, which are lovely, better points than my bamboos and very smooth joins.
Bus/tube knitting is socks - almost always is. Current ones are just in a basic sock pattern from The Purl Stitch. I recently bought Lucy Neatby's book (I know it's been out for ages), so I think I will try something a little more interesting for the next pair.
Am also knitting the 'Elegant Gauntlets', again from The Purl Stitch. I am using some Koigu that I got from getknitted.com a while ago. I really like them, although husband thinks they, 'look like some Victorian thing'. I finished one this weekend - cast it on Friday night and finished it Saturday night. Hopefully I will get the other one done by tomorrow.
So that's it peeps. Welcome to my wild and crazy world!

No comments: